Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Missing

It's 5am in the morning and I can't sleep. I miss some things. A lot of things actually.

I miss going out for early breakfast with my dad. Eating roti canai at our favorite spot together. Reading newspaper together. Him with his Utusan and Berita Harian and me with my Star. Listening to him talkin about the current state of our government in his extremely thick mamak-penang "accent"....

Miss "debating" with him on whether we should watch the latest Tamil movie in cinemas or should we just subscribe to Astro Thangathirai to watch them....

Miss watching Rambo 1,2 ,3 and 4 together for the gazillion times and trying really really hard to mimick John Rambo's dialogue in a very crucial scene in Rambo 2 where Slyesvester Stallone, in his classic/signature "mulut senget" uttering the words, "Murdoch, Im coming to get you!!!"

I miss trying to convince my dad that WWF is NOT real and they were just a bunch of actors/stunt-man putting up a show. I miss the look he gave me, a look of disbelief every time I said that it was not real and how he will strongly argue that every punch, every kick and every fight in WWF are real.

I miss listening to the stories of him growing up in Melaka back in the old days. How he knows every single part of Bandar Melaka through his numerous exploration with his friends every day after school. Listening to how good of a footballer he was and how he celebrated his victory after each games with his best buddies.


I also miss my mum. Terribly..

I miss how she knows when something is not right with me and I miss how she would know if I was trying to hide something...

I miss how she will try to wake me up for Subuh prayer by tickling the sole of my feet and by telling me the same story again and again of how a man loses almost half of everything the world offered him because he did not perform his Subuh prayer. And I will pretend to continue sleeping until my dad had to intervene....

I miss how I have to always tell my mum that there will be no sequel to Winter Sonata and the hero in that tv series, Bae Yong Joon have no plan to marry Choi Ji Woo, the heroine. She will disses me off and asked me to stop meddling in her fantasy... I miss my mum, the hopeless romantic.


Most of all, I just miss talking to my her. Miss listening to her inconsistent view on my weights and her denial of my ever increasing tummy. Miss listening to her white lies comforting me that I am not fat but I was just a bit plump. But, I also miss how at certain time she will remind me that my face will looks like a kueh pau that is about to explode if I do not stop eating. hehehe.


I miss them. I need them. My heart and soul. My everything.

p/s: Can't wait to go back to Penang to meet them soon. Big hugs n kisses awaits you two

7 comments:

Aisya M said...

Your parents are the cutest ever. Especially your Mum and her 'hinting' birthday call story...hehehe! :)

threeORANGES.. said...

auww..agree with achey, they r cute..

and i miss my mom too.. :(

Iskandar said...

hehehe..thanks achey n tiks. Yeah, maybe one day I should share the annual "hinting" birthday stories of my mum.hehe :)

Thara said...

omg is.. i had a big lump in my throat and fought back tears that threaten to come out by the end of your entry. if u had go on more, im sure i wouldnt be able to contain it much longer.

be strong, ok. and dont forget to always include them in your dua everytime after your prayers. thats the best gift a son could give to his parents. btw kirim salam juge dkt both of your parents ok. i cant remember the last time i saw them both. sighs. how time flies.

Iskandar said...

ok Thara, I will kirim your salam to them. Don't worry. Walaupun dah lama tak jumpa, they don't need any reminders. They still remember you, V.I.V.I.D.L.Y. hahahahaha
*evil laugh*

amney mustapha said...

dear is,

i know u'r strong.. we're at the same boat, being far from our parents, but as long as they're always in our heart, everything will just be ok.. hope to c u soon.. take care dear!!

p/s: u don't miss me ke? uhuk... =)!

Iskandar said...

amney baby, you number 3 in the list after them ok!!! hehehehe

Post a Comment